So what is e-commerce?
The buying or selling of goods or services via the internet is known as e-commerce (It is also known as electronic commerce or internet commerce). Ecommerce also includes the transfer of money and data to complete the sales.
There is few a variations in how e-commerce is spelled:
- e commerce
Types of e-commerce
Following are the most traditional types of e-commerce models:
- Business to Business (B2B): B2B refers to a business directly selling a good or service to another business, like a manufacturer to a wholesaler or a wholesaler to a retailer. Business to business e-commerce is not for end customers because normally it has products like raw materials, software, or products that are combined. Hootsuite, Mailchimp. Salesforce etc is a few examples of B2B e-commerce websites.
- Business to Consumer (B2C): B2C e-commerce is the most popular e-commerce model in today’s internet world. Business to consumer e-commerce means that the sale is directly taking place between a business and a consumer (end customer). Amazon, Walmart, etc are the example of B2C e-commerce website.
- Consumer to Consumer (C2C): C2C e-commerce refers to the direct sale of a good or service to another consumer. eBay, Etsy, Fivver, are a few examples of C2C e-commerce.
- Consumer to Business (C2B): This kind of e-commerce Consumer website provides a platform an individuals to sells their services or goods to a business organization. C2B e-commerce Consumer website provides exposure, photographers, consultants, freelance writers, etc…
- Direct to Consumer (D2C): Direct to consumer (D2C) e-commerce is the newest in the e-commerce world. D2C means that a brand is selling directly to their end customer without going through any retailer, distributor, or wholesaler (B2B, B2C, C2C or C2B). D2C is also known as Social Media. Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, etc are a few examples of Direct to consumer(D2C) e-commerce websites.
Here are some of the top e-commerce companies in world: Alibaba, Amazon, Taobao, Walmart, eBay, Wayfair, Zappos, Home Depot, Flipkart, Zalando, otto.
Benefits of having e-commerce
Let’s look at some of the main benefits of having e-commerce website.
E-Commerce platform makes purchases simpler, faster, and less time-consuming, it also allows sale for 24-hour s, quick delivery, and easy returns.
- Personalization and customer experience
E-commerce website creates rich user profiles that allow every user to personalize the products offered and make relevant suggestions for other products that user might find interesting. This improves the all-over experience by making shoppers feel understood on a personal level, increasing the odds of brand loyalty.
- Global marketplace
Customers from around the globe can easily shop from e-commerce sites. Online shopping is no longer restricted by geography or physical barriers.
- Minimized expenses
since the physical store is no longer required, digital sellers can start online stores with minimal startup and operating costs.
If you have any query or you want to start your own E-Commerce business or Online Store, Feel free to contact us anytime. We will happy to help you.